Rhetoric in Society #8, June 2023, Tübingen University
Call for Papers
Rhetoric as Strategic Thinking
8th Rhetoric in Society Conference
Eberhard Karls University, June 1–3, 2023
We are very happy to announce that proposals are now invited for panels, papers, roundtables, and other forms of presentation to be delivered at Rhetoric in Society 8, which is the biannual conference organized by the Rhetoric Society of Europe. The conference is scheduled to take place from June 1st to 3rd, 2023 at Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen, Germany.
We are planning a real conference with face-to-face conversations and in-person meetings on our campus and in town. Yet, the incalculable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic obliges us to remain precautious. However, we are optimistic and very much looking forward to welcoming you in Tübingen.
We invite proposals for:
- Papers or panels which speak directly to the conference theme (explained below);
- Papers or panels which address general issues related to the theory, analysis & practice of rhetoric in society;
- Other kinds of presentations such as roundtables, world cafés or debates.
If you already submitted a paper for the planned and postponed conference in 2021, you have two options:
- You are either invited to submit your original proposal once again.
- Or you are of course invited to submit a new proposal in case you would like to change the subject or the focus of your proposal.
In any case you will be obliged to submit again. Already submitted papers will not be included in the reviewing process for the conference in 2023.
If you did not submit a paper for the planned conference in 2021, please feel encouraged and welcome to submit a proposal now.
Read and download the full Call for Papers!